My First piece - coffee table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kell

Established Member
Reaction score
Well here it is only took me one and a half years to finish! its a squat coffee table that I saw in a magazine and loved so made a few modifications and hey presto here's my version. Its MDF with Zebrano veneer, done rather crudely with sheet glue and an iron and has a pine leg in the centre which i've stained black and holds the sides about 2 inches off the floor

flashtable-1.jpg

cheers

kell":1lyvo7a0 said:
Sorry I thought we were size limited

No, but remember some people do view on an 800 x 600 screen. Its the actual image size in bytes thats the killer though. Looks great by the way!

Adam

Kell - this looks quite interesting, what is good is that you've taken the trouble to follow and match the grain pattern in the Zebrano as it goes from the top to each side...pics a good size on my screen - Rob

If that's your first piece, Kell, I think you've done a cracking job with that veneering in the way you have managed for follow the grain along the top and down the front of the table =D> However, I must say that I find Zebrano a very over-powering wood. It has such a strong and distinctive grain pattern that I think it often detracts from the piece. But that's just a personal view - you seem to have done a very good job with that table.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Kell,
I too have reservations about the veener choice but you seem to have done a good job using it.

Andy

Great job. Nice simple design that shows the veneer off at it's best.

Nice work with aligning the grain too.

Back