My first go at a new shed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you get the bottom T&G liner boards on, you might want to staple on some mesh around the bottom to provide a barrier against rats and other unwanted visitors, whilst at the same time allowing unimpeded ventilation. Galvanised chicken wire is good as it lasts along time, albeit it will not keep out wasps and the like...bosshogg :)

hi Just for future reference, depending if your going to insulate the shed. I would have wrapped a waterproof breathable membrane around the frame then put the cladding on. Stops the wind blowing rain through and imperfections in the cladding. Even better if you add a further inch batten over the membrane then the cladding gives an air flow round both sides of the cladding.

batterns%20small.jpg

sprayed%20shed.jpg

Very nicely done indeed - your carcase stock was posh!... I generally use the structural C16 stuff (tannelised, slightly rounded edges for no useful reason, but it's cheap). What are the plans re insulation (internally) and is the roof insulated? Not being picky, just interested to know (my shop is hovering around 7 degrees as I write). Too mean to run regular heating :D

kenmac":3sfor9t1 said:

Just a quick one, I would'nt have fixed the cladding the way you have it will tend to curl up if you fix it like you have with just one fixing in the centre of the board you really need two fixings or you can secret nail just one fixing on one edge that way the last fixing holds the edge of the next board and is equal to having two fixings.

condeesteso":zil01ii4 said:
Very nicely done indeed - your carcase stock was posh!... I generally use the structural C16 stuff (tannelised, slightly rounded edges for no useful reason, but it's cheap). What are the plans re insulation (internally) and is the roof insulated? Not being picky, just interested to know (my shop is hovering around 7 degrees as I write). Too mean to run regular heating :D

I don't know if your referring to my shed or the lovely one that jack55 has, if mine I'm going to use Glass fibre insulation then ply it out inside & as far as heating it goes I'm looking at these http://www.tubeheat.co.uk/low_cost.php

chippy1970":m963dwrz said:
kenmac":m963dwrz said:

Just a quick one, I would'nt have fixed the cladding the way you have it will tend to curl up if you fix it like you have with just one fixing in the centre of the board you really need two fixings or you can secret nail just one fixing on one edge that way the last fixing holds the edge of the next board and is equal to having two fixings.

Cheers chippy I'll get right on to that on this wall and do the other ones with two fixings top & bottom :oops:

Hi if you are gong to use glass fibre and if you haven't cladded the other sides I would put a membrane between the cladding and the frame just to make sure the insulation stays dry and don't forget a vapour barrier between the internal cladding and the frame. Although OSB is reportedly a good vapour barrier on its own. How do you propose to make the roof?

Well just a quick update on my progress on the shed, it's far from perfect but has been a great learning curve.

340.jpg

344.jpg

345.jpg

351.jpg

363.jpg

364.jpg

365.jpg

366.jpg

367-1.jpg

Just got to save up for the electrician to come round and wire it up properly

Looking very good... tidy too (for now). But I am intrigued by the row of spray bottles under the window, and indeed by the number of fluids generally (shelf above window). And a keyboard... what's the plan?

condeesteso":i58ubdxx said:
Looking very good... tidy too (for now). But I am intrigued by the row of spray bottles under the window, and indeed by the number of fluids generally (shelf above window). And a keyboard... what's the plan?

All the spray bottles are for cleaning my car & the top 5lt bottles are to top up the spray ones along with various polishes & wax's, the keyboard is just for the computer & I have no plans for the shed it's just for me to have a getaway as our son has mental health problems so it's just a retreat when it gets on top of me

kenmac":3dfq6k4e said:
condeesteso":3dfq6k4e said:
All the spray bottles are for cleaning my car & the top 5lt bottles are to top up the spray ones along with various polishes & wax's,

My wife says I'm OTT about cleaning my car - wait 'til I show her that pic :lol: :lol:

I'm curious to know what they all are. I have loads but not that many (got to go and look now 'cause I could be wrong :roll: ). Do you use a snowfoam gun as well?

Shed is excellent btw

Bob

Latest posts

Back