My first apple

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narrowboater

Established Member
Reaction score

Two views of my first apple, the top is not as deep as it should be, but I am quite pleased with it as a first attempt!

A scoop I made recently, the base is far too thick, but I did not find out until I had cut it!!!!! Must try harder

Comments Please
Rod

All them chucking question were well worth it NB.

fab looking apple !

Nice scoop also !

Nice work Rod
i've never made a scoop but i know that gaugeing the thickness of a goblet bowl ( similar to a scoop) is very hard but does get easier with practice

I must admit to like doing scoops and as Cornucopia said it does get easier :? . I have also made some tiny ones for sugar and salt, about 1/2" diameter. That's good fun?

The easiest way that I have found of doing them is to do the inside first and then follow it on the outside by feel, with the lathe stopped, it saves unscrewing yer bits!

I like that apple. The markings really set it off well!

Hi Rod,

An excellent first effort. I agree with you that it needs to be a little deeper where the stem comes in but otherwise really good.

Well done!!

Richard

Nice work Rod :D Good choice of timber for your apple.

Scoop looks good too,prehaps a bit thick in the bottom as you say but this surely will give it a bit more strength?

JT

Thanks for your comments chaps, all much appreciated.

Paul, quite right a bowl full has been ordered. I have made a couple more, and have aquired some more suitable bits of wood.

Onwards and upwards!!!!

Regards
Rod

Back