My dear wife

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
My daughter had popped in for a cuppa and my dear wife was in town, after about an hour Pat came in and said you are going to be real made with me, I've damaged the car, well as my daughter was there I said not to worry are you ok? and how's the car?
Pat said I have hit the curb parking out side and the wheel is making a noise and its broke, I made her a cuppa and then my daughter and I went out to have a look.
On a close look at the wheel she had clipped the plastic hub cap and I had put safety tie's on them some time ago, as she moved the car it was making a scrapping sound on the road.
Now they are only £12 a set but my daughter said , go and wind mum up and say you need a new wheel.
I didn't.

Mine was just nabbed for parking on the pavement until she explained that she wasn't parking, she'd been overtaking on the inside and ran out of petrol. :roll:

This is an old one:-
Wife phoned her husband to say the car won't start. "There's water in the carburettor"
Husband: "How can you tell that?"
Wife: "The car is at the bottom of a lake".

No, that's never happened to me.
However my daughter did write off my car not long after passing her test. I wonder how many forum members have had exactly that experience - loads I'll bet. And probably more than one car too.

And there's me, never ever had even a scrape (yeah, right !!)

K

Back