multistar chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

Reaction score
hi all,newbie here eager to learn,i have bought a sumaco 800 lathe with a duplex multistar chuck attached,i have a little experience lathing,i need advice on where to buy bigger jaws for my chuck,as im starting to turn bigger bowls,and the foot isnt big enough,i live in lincolnshire,any advice about my lathe,chuck or begining woodturning would be realy welcomed,thanks all,mac.

Hi Mac

Welcome to the forum.

As someone new to woodturning why not invest in one or two days of training? I spoke to Graham (Oldsoke) about training for myself recently and his rates were very reasonable. Also, he's just down the A1.

Cheers
Neil

Hello Mac and welcome :D
Can't help with your chuck problem but for help and advice on general turning have a look back at some of the posts on the forum.There are loads of tips and how to's.
Try doing a search for a particular item,if you can't find it then ask again.
As regarding Oldsoke for tuition go for it if you can.
After seeing,well trying to see Grahams work and how he turns for a whole day myself at the recent Minibash,i would definately recommend him :D plug,plug :wink:
Paul.J.

Oooooooooooooo there's some luvly people on here :lol:

(thanks for the plugs :wink: )

thankyou for such a warm welcome to a very friendly site,and thankyou graham for the links,very useful.

Welcome to the forum,mac - and don't forget to check out Grahams website (he's a great guy,you know :wink: )

Was that okay for a plug,Graham ? Not too blatant,I hope.. :lol:

Andrew

just been on your site graham,beautiful work,how do you get such a lovely finish to your pieces? i will really try and get to one of your events,no wonder your highly recomended.

PowerTool":22q1tfff said:
......... and don't forget to check out Grahams website (he's a great guy,you know :wink: )

Was that okay for a plug,Graham ? Not too blatant,I hope.. :lol:

Andrew

(where do I send the cheque :wink: ) Certainly not Andrew :lol: (now I understand what subtle means in Darlington :lol: :lol: :lol: )

:oops: Had a guy on a course last week, going by the hint of accent I said what part of Geordieland are you from? I'M NOT a Geordies, I'm a Mackem!!

20041124175629PPIR5Z.jpg

You could get into trouble Graham making an error like that. :lol:

I'm definitely going to have to bone up on the race relations act Kevin :lol:

oldsoke":1xx36foo said:
Had a guy on a course last week, going by the hint of accent I said what part of Geordieland are you from? I'M NOT a Geordies, I'm a Mackem!!

At least you did not respond by countering; 'Oh your a Plastic Geordie', that could definitely have caused a bad smell to rival the Brickworks.

Latest posts

Back