Mrs Moose turns another bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big soft moose

Established Member
Reaction score
bowl2.jpg

This one is sycamore - again turned only with scrapers (Gouges are next lesson)

There is still some end grain tearing inside but other than that this is better than her last one imo - I now have sanding pads but she is scared of the drill

as before constructive critisicm welcome.

edit - apologies for the lousy photo - it was dark, and the bowl is too shiny to photograph with flash (this is with a compact camera so flash bounce etc isnt possible)

I'm getting the feeling there may be a theme running here.

Since I decided to buy the Record Lathe and the VSLK upgrade unit from the items I'm selling on behalf of my friend my wife promptly announced today that she wants to take up woodturning! :shock:

I can soon see that its is going to be changing my trading name to "Dodge & HWMBO"

So we have got Mrs Moose & Mrs Dodge - Who will be next?? :?:

Dodge":80jaio0g said:
I'm getting the feeling there may be a theme running here.

Since I decided to buy the Record Lathe and the VSLK upgrade unit from the items I'm selling on behalf of my friend my wife promptly announced today that she wants to take up woodturning! :shock:

I can soon see that its is going to be changing my trading name to "Dodge & HWMBO"

So we have got Mrs Moose & Mrs Dodge - Who will be next?? :?:

well mrs oryx was here first ;) (oryx design's other half, but i'm not sure they turn), and Silver and mrs silver - tho we havent seen them on here lately.

incidentally Mrs moose will be joining in her own right soon

nice one Mrs M - looks nice, any change of a side view etc?

Your volume of output certainly exceeds that of Moose - is he sulking yet? :) :twisted:

Miles

way to go Mrs Moose

Keep at it. It is good to see new people taking up the tools and making such good progress..

Clean tidy and stylish piece of work with a nice finish. The wood is quite nicely figured and grain a bit wild and isn't the easiest material to work. The choice of fabric on the sofa shows excellent taste.

We've seen more from Mrs Moose than we have from you in a while :lol: I am lucky, my better 1/3rd refuses to go on the lathe and just burns my work (to it's improvement) so we can happily work together. Hope your arrangement works as well.

pete

Nice one Mrs Moose. You will soon be showing 'im how to turn properly.

I like that shape, it suits the piece of wood and looks as if you are letting the wood tell you what it should be! I often let it tell me, unless it is something specific. Then, sometimes it is a struggle?

I ain't letting my SWMBO near MY lathe though or I might just have to do the bruddy garden and there's a lot of it! :shock:

Latest posts

Back