MR MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£50 incl. for a sheet of 18mm MRMDF (Medite) from my usual supplier (The Timber Group). It has come down a bit in recent weeks and I've held off as I need a few sheets.

That sort of gouging puts me off dealing with these merchants. Much prefer to price at the local sheds then get a quote from my local independent and they almost always are much cheaper especially when including delivery. The quality of materials is usually better to.

Some years ago I wanted some setting out pegs and stakes, phoned Jewson’s who gave me a price of about £35 which I thought was very expensive but was short on time. Next day called in to purchase the goods, wearing office clothes and was given a price of over £90. After some discussion the price came down to the £35.

The setting out pegs were my first purchase for the garage foundations, part of a new house build which would happen later. I have hardly bought a thing from Jewsons since.

Back