mount kilimanjaro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon T

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, my daughter has decided to climb kilimanjaro for charity ( just like cheryl cole !! ), she is raising money for needy children through childreach international.
Please consider sponsoring her in this venture which is for a good cause.

Follow the link below for more information on her challenge.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AnnaTeale

Thank you

GT

Thanks to all the eighty odd people who have viewed this subject so far,

Now how about some of you donating.....it is for a childrens charity after all

thank you

GT

In reply to your question,

This fund raising challenge is one organised by Childreach International through her university,( she is a first year student,) and is one of many events which take place several times each year.

In order to take part my daughter has had to pay a non refundable deposit of £220.
To be eligible to go on the climb/walk up the mountain she has to raise a minimum of £2,300, of which gift aid is not included.

If she gets to the above figure she has a further sum of £300 to pay towards the cost of the trip from her own bank balance, remembering that all the people taking part are students.

All the money she raises is declared on the website and goes in its entirety to the charity.
As with all charities a certain amount of money raised is used by that charity for administration purposes and other costs.

My daughter tells me the trip is paid for by for by the charity (including her own £520) if the above amount is raised, so I suppose the answer to your question is an indirect yes - some of the money raised goes towards the cost of the trip. However you can in no way shape or form call this a free holiday, considering the many many hours she has spent fundraising - over 30 hours street collecting and bag packing in supermarkets plus many hours writing to local companies.

In addition she has special equipment that she ( or rather the bank of mum and dad) will have to buy.

We live in a world today where people do not give readily to charities. Without people like Anna who are willing to put themselves out there and take part in these challenges, many charities would not be so well supported. She is giving it 100% and we are proud of her.

This is a bit long winded but we hope it answers your question.

Latest posts

Back