More ebay madness

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humblewood

Established Member
Reaction score
For an additional £2.63 the winner of this 'clearance' item gets 6 months LESS warranty and SLOWER delivery than if they had bought a new one direct from the Axminster site. :shock:

The listing even highlights the actual selling price... click link

There's no hope for some people :roll:

the RRP is even featured in the ad, amazing!

adidat

Edit: sorry i didnt read the post fully

This seems to happen quite a lot with the Axminster stuff on ebay.

I have bid on the odd thing over the years only to see it go for almost the new price and sometimes in this case more.

Auction madness.

Tom

Some time ago Axminster where selling off 3 variable speed drill presses, the end of the line.
I bid on one and got out bid a little later, so I placed a bid on one of the other 2 that had no bids on and won it.
Why didn't the other bloke do that? he ended up paying more than I did.

That isn't the only time its happened to me.

Pete

I wanted a bench grinder and got the cheaper version from Axminster then after a lot of talking/advice/rethinking, I got the slow running grinder, put the other one on e-bay, price new from Axi £52.60 including delivery....mine sold for £51 including delivery.
The price new at Axi is £47.65 so if you spend another £2.35 it will make it £50 which is then free delivery, oh, and a years warranty.

Andy

Latest posts

Back