more dust removal and a question or too.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer one

Established Member
Reaction score
so i finally finished boxing in the dewalt 744 table saw. had hoped to be able to restrict the dust movement, but those little boogers get everywhere.

i had boxed underneath, and inserted plates between the motor and the blade and and round the sides, put in some sealant , but every time i use
it some still gets out around the base. although a great deal is now in the bottom section of the mobile table and i must get round to making the lower dust collection bag, or box. have now to think about dust removal and safety around the blade and above it. :cry:

now i want to think about making a tenoning type jig to allow me cut some rebates on vertical panels.

anyway final thought for the day, just finished remodelling one of the old mfi wardrobes. i used the same sides, but cut the bottom and top panels in half, and made some other mfc panels as the four shelves. it is going to be a closed bookcase, come junk box, of which we are all familar.

so in making it, i wondered how more professional workers than i might do the job.

since the bits were quite old, i screwed the thing together, and did it by clamping the top and bottom in place on one side, then drilling through and screwing in , then put the back and other side on the same way.
since i have some rockler corner blocks, i clamped using them, so i got a decently rectangular box.

then i made all the shelves fixed, and bodged up spacers for the shelves whilst they were clamped inside. obviously i made a couple of boo boo's
but the shelves are square and flat and basically spaced as i wanted.

but i wondered if anyone else has a better way of doing things with re-cycled units like this? :?

oh yes, having cut the bits i wanted to complete it quickly. :twisted: :lol: :roll:

paul :wink:

actually i was thinking about long splines to ensure that the shelves stay straight. did not want to get into dadoes :cry:

paul :wink:

Back