Mitre sled.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been progressively getting worse since i was
16 Roy, i'm 52 now so i suppose i can hang on for
a while. :lol:
The worst thing is, i have a nearly completed extension
to my shed and can only manage the odd 20 mins or so
at best once a week. I have loads of things i want to do
and can't, i got a load of turning timber off Andrew and
i'm itching to get stuck into it. Not surprisingly i also
suffer from deprssion which is down to the constant
pain and frustration. :(
Still, i've learned to try and think more positively about
things and the Grandchildren really do help loads. :lol:

Kevin.

Know all about it Kev, I'm not not sure about the grand children though. My 30 month old grandson is into everything, helping grandad! :lol:
Depression is a well known associate with the problem, my wife keeps on telling me to leave things for a while, she simply can't appreciate the frustration that you will know full well about.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak I fear.
Hopefully the surgery will see you back to fitness.
Apart from the cancer my problems are mostly as the result of being a bigger silly person than most when I was younger, but I regret little.
A couple of years ago the local ATC offered free gliding lessons to those willing to learn to fly sailplanes and then instruct ATC members.
The age limit left me well out and I was staggered to find that the scheme was shut down, NOBODY wanted to know.
I couldn't believe that the local youngsters had no interest in learning to fly.
I may be paying for some of my youthful indiscretions now, but like I said, I regret little.

Roy.

Same here Roy, my neck problem started with a home
made "Death Slide" :oops: down by the riverside where
we practically lived when we were kid's. I tried to slide
down the steel cable using my jacket looped over it and
my hands holding the sleeves. :roll: I got stuck half
way down and ended up dropping about 20 to 25' onto
very large boulders landing on my back/shoulders/neck.
My friends carried me home ( we did'nt use hospitals
when we were that age :roll: ) I was back down the river
a couple of day's later little realising #1- how lucky i was
not to be paralysed and #2- how i would start to suffer for
over 36 years it is now. :wink:

Yep! We probably did a lot a daft things as kids Kev, but I still think the modern generation with their battery powered fixation miss out on a lot. They may not end up with our complaints but on all accounts many of them will die younger from the lack of exercise etc.
I had my blood pressure tested a few weeks ago at 130/80, at 68 that ain't bad!
I watched the Fun Police last night and thank God that guy isn't a neighbour!

Roy.

Would this tufnol 4mm and or 4mm + 1. 2. or 3 mm suffice for a table insert for my 1/2 de walt router ? Strength wise , I wonder .

I think you will need about a centimetre thick to prevent sagging Joe.

Roy.

Digit":38m6rrct said:
I think you will need about a centimetre thick to prevent sagging Joe.

Roy.
Hi Roy
Thought it might need that much which bumps the price up considerably . so still cogitating and will do so till the weather abates and I can feel the cold steel on the fingers .
Meanwhile as you've maybe noticed lumberjackin is the order of the day . Thanks for the tip Cheers !

Digit":3r3hax3p said:
How large a piece do you require Joe?

Roy.
Well Roy according to the one I have almost ordered from Axminster on p275 ,230 x305x9.5 mm thick would do for me . It's only £19.95 and that is with the fixings etc . It's not my immediate priority but that's what I had in mind until I saw your stuff . Glad to see that your mitre cutting prob is solved so well done . Take care till the medication kicks in with you and thanks .
Joe.

Back