• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Mitre saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

mick4x4

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just got a dewalt dw712 mitre saw and want a blade for it.
It has come with a 24 tooth blade. Im after either a 60 or 80 tooth 216mm blade.
I want to be able to cut skirting boards and cornice for round the top of the kitchen units.
Which blade will be best? and do i stick with dewalt blades?

mbartlett99

Established Member
Reaction score
Your application is not so demanding, cut 100s of feet of 10" skirting with a very boring 40 tooth blade - certainly no need to stick to a particular brand. For myself I've recently bought an Atkinson Walker blade, much more delicate work than what you're proposing and its as good as gold.

RogerBoyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Same saw as I use on site
Think its a 48 tooth blade in mine and two 24 tooth blades as spares
All 3 blades are now 11 years old LOL and are sharpened on a regular basis
I use the saw mainly for first and second fix and Kitchen fitting

I did play around with a 60 something blade several years ago but I found that if you go to a higher tooth count then you start to burn solid wood Cornice and Pelmet and the cut is no different
So I now use a 40 on fine cuts and everything else on 24

HTH

Roger

Saxwood

Established Member
Reaction score
CMT make excellent blades/cutters, btw any blunt blade will burn regardless of tooth count, just saying :wink:

mick4x4

Reaction score
Thanks Roger, do you find the 40 tooth ok for very fine work like cornice for round the top of kitchen units or would a 60 tooth be better for those

Teckel

Established Member
Reaction score
I use a 60 tooth blade for all round work and find it perfect. Spend a little extra and buy a good blade. I bought some cheaper blades and as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". Sorry I bought them.

RogerBoyle

Established Member
Reaction score
40 tooth works well for me on the Cornice and Pelmet as long as it is sharp i get a clean fuzz free cut on everything
Like i said I did try a 60 something blade but even though it was new and Sharp I did still get a slight burning on the cut face but that was 6 or 7 years ago And I have never had a need to try again LOL

Roger

mick4x4

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, a 60 tooth blade seems to be a good all rounder, but what are the 80 tooth bades used for?

mick4x4

Reaction score
Thanks for all the imput, i ended up with a 80 tooth in the end as it was cheeper than the 60 tooth version.

Teckel

Established Member
Reaction score
It will be fine. (pun intended)
What blade did you get in the end?? I checked my own blade and it's a 70 tooth blade.

mick4x4

Reaction score
Its a Dewalt DT4286, i was suprised it was a bit cheeper then a dewalt 60 tooth one.