Mitre saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mick4x4

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just got a dewalt dw712 mitre saw and want a blade for it.
It has come with a 24 tooth blade. Im after either a 60 or 80 tooth 216mm blade.
I want to be able to cut skirting boards and cornice for round the top of the kitchen units.
Which blade will be best? and do i stick with dewalt blades?

Your application is not so demanding, cut 100s of feet of 10" skirting with a very boring 40 tooth blade - certainly no need to stick to a particular brand. For myself I've recently bought an Atkinson Walker blade, much more delicate work than what you're proposing and its as good as gold.

Same saw as I use on site
Think its a 48 tooth blade in mine and two 24 tooth blades as spares
All 3 blades are now 11 years old LOL and are sharpened on a regular basis
I use the saw mainly for first and second fix and Kitchen fitting

I did play around with a 60 something blade several years ago but I found that if you go to a higher tooth count then you start to burn solid wood Cornice and Pelmet and the cut is no different
So I now use a 40 on fine cuts and everything else on 24

HTH

Roger

CMT make excellent blades/cutters, btw any blunt blade will burn regardless of tooth count, just saying :wink:

Thanks Roger, do you find the 40 tooth ok for very fine work like cornice for round the top of kitchen units or would a 60 tooth be better for those

I use a 60 tooth blade for all round work and find it perfect. Spend a little extra and buy a good blade. I bought some cheaper blades and as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". Sorry I bought them.

40 tooth works well for me on the Cornice and Pelmet as long as it is sharp i get a clean fuzz free cut on everything
Like i said I did try a 60 something blade but even though it was new and Sharp I did still get a slight burning on the cut face but that was 6 or 7 years ago And I have never had a need to try again LOL

Roger

Thanks for the input, a 60 tooth blade seems to be a good all rounder, but what are the 80 tooth bades used for?

Thanks for all the imput, i ended up with a 80 tooth in the end as it was cheeper than the 60 tooth version.

Latest posts

Back