mini dust cyclones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawmillcreek

Reaction score
I have been loking a mini dust cyclones for some time now

Today when looking on the internet I came across

Omni Dust Cyclone

And

DUST MITE - Dust Cyclone mk 11

My initial thoughts are

The new Dust Mite MkII cyclone

The MkII is a little more robust than the
Original Dust Mite (which is still available at a lower cost, search the listing for Dust Mite Cyclone), and features design improvements which include stainless steel port inserts for easier connection and disconnection, and a more engineered design, with a helical inlet ramp and parabolic sides. Connection to your drop tub is via a tapered spigot,
Template and self tapping screws supplied.

Nb Helical ramp not shown in images and this product appears to be more robust having thicker walls to at base

Omni Dust Cyclone ICE workshop vacuum

This cyclone the inlet is set at 6 degrees and it has an helical ramp at the inlet

The method of attachment of each cyclone also differs

thoughts and comments please

(Please note I copied and pasted some of the information from the product web sites to assist discussion

The old model works fine for me. The bag in my dust extractor never needs emptying now (just as well because of the price of them).

Hi

I have an Oneida dust deputy and my mate has the dust mite one. No obvious difference in performance between them. They are both excellent.

Ollie

I have a dust commander, bought off ebay. It's very good, at the time they were offering a refund if you uploaded a youtube video, so I did.

So for free it's excellent, but I wouldn't of minded paying. I just use it with henry.

If you follow the link and look at 'scott's video' in the listing, I demonstrate how well it separates MDF dust.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUST-COMMANDE ... 1c3f46397c

Back