Minatures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Have been playing silly b*****s today.

DSCF1123sm.jpg
DSCF1126small.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photos but the macro on my camera is not wonderfull. They are all made of Yew, the tallest is 25mm tall and is in 2 parts (see below)

DSCF1128sm.jpg

25mm tall lidded goblet.

Hope you like them

Malcolm

They look lovely little pieces to me . Must be quite difficult to make love the two piece ,thanks for shareing REgards Boysie

Good work Malc, you`ll have used those pen blanks up in no time :whistle:

Can i ask what tools you used to make something so small.

Cheers.

Doug.

Are these to any scale? I do a fair few 1/12th scale ones for dolls houses after being influenced by Old Soke. Try making your own tools from old Allen keys and masonry nails if you decide to do more. These look pretty good, ry getting the stems a bit thinner and then get a captive ring on the stem. Dental picks are good for doing those

pete

Thanks Boysie, yes it is a bit difficult trying to get the 2 parts to match.

Doug, need to do a lot this size to us up pen blanks :lol: :lol: I used a set of Ashley Isles minature tools plus a 3/16 spindle gouge. Will bring the to the club on Wednesday.

Pete, There was no scaling for these I was just trying to see how small I could get. Unfortunatly I couldn't hollow them out properly so I used a drill turned by hand (4mm)

Malcolm

Like you work :D

Here in Sydney we had a fellow (sadly passed away last Nov) who was a master of Miniatures LOML had a 5min lesson she got hooked. Col turned so small he was able to get 11 or more gobblets on an Aussie 5c bit, some of these had captive rings.

His tools all hand made from dental picks, bike spokes, Nails I created a video of him turning a miniature Pawn using a hatchet.
I wish I had the dexterity to do even smaller than an inch.

Back