Minature Birds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some small artifial birds for some small bird boxes I hope to make soon . :roll: :roll:
I have tried the usual source the big auction bay , but cant seem to find any .So if you know where I can get some I would be ever so grateful :) :) .

Thats an easy one 39, :wink:
here... http://www.rainbowfloristsupplies.co.uk ... ies.html&p age=search&SS=robins&search.x=0&search.y=0&PR=-1&TB=A
here... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Robin-bird- ... vi-content
here... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Mini-Robins ... 3cbbc81d36
but those ones look a little distressed :shock:
here... http://www.floristsuppliesuk.com/Search?Text=bird
here.... http://www.easyfloristsupplies.co.uk/10 ... p9219.html

Try searching for florist supplies or even cake decorating supplies, and for some reason they seem to be mostly robins, so include robin, bird or butterflies.
Yes I have waaay too much time on my hands :mrgreen:

Thanks Nev , I kinda knew you would come up with the answers :lol: I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here at the minute, I got rid of all volums of Encyclepedia and even got rid of google because CLAIR seems to know everything.

And this is one post she will not see . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i

Prey tell Eugine, why do you need arfiticial dikky birds? If you are making byrd boxes why not let real birds use them. After all, they are the best htings at making more birds. Bees are good at making bees too.

Humans are carp at making anything other than other humans. Well? Sometimes anyway :?

I won't be able to sleep just awaiting your reply :-s

an artificial bird would probably stop a real one using, however thinking about it I am guessin you want them to take some advertising photos

Jonzjob":2w9owwaq said:
Give Eugine a couple of pints of decient English beer instead of the pasturised black stuff WM and he probably wouldn't know the difference :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Changed my mind about waiting. Nite nite all. Sleep well on his lovely warm spring night :mrgreen:
Did it occur to either you or Wildman to read the subject line on my posting ,I guess not so my pair of advice giving and speculative morons I am intending making some minature birds nests for indoor display .

As regards the wildlife out doors ,I use on average in the winter months 40 kilos of peanuts and up to 100 suet balls a month feeding my little feathered friends + about 30 kilos of wild bird seed . I can say it is pretty damn expensive .
We started doing this Clair and me about eight years ago with two small feeders and over the years the word seems to have gotten around , We dont have any exotic types but to sit outside on an evening and listen to a Blackbird sing is as close to God as I will ever get . Have to go Bed is calling .

boysie39":vnazzlha said:
Anyone know where I can get some small artifial birds for some small bird boxes I hope to make soon . :roll: :roll:
I have tried the usual source the big auction bay , but cant seem to find any .So if you know where I can get some I would be ever so grateful :) :) .

I am truely sorry if I have offended you Eugine :oops: :oops: , but nowhere in you original post was indoor mentioned? I did read you original post.

We too spend a small fortune on our wild birds, the most numerous being the exocitic house sparrow of which we have a few dozen of the noisey little sods, along with gold finches through to hoophoes. So once again, sorry if any offence was caused.

Oh I'll probley get over it in 10 or 20 years time who knows, me 'art is bleeding .
In the meantime any idea where I can get me little artifical birds ,they can be Robins **** Wrens or Finches even Sparrows
but as small as 1" and no bigger than 2". So get your thinking cap on I need a digout here . Please

John , if you google up Kurt Hertzog and check out his Ornaments , you will see what I'm on about ,
I sent him an email enquiring where he sourced his birds ,He said he was demoing at the American Symposium in Florida and he would send me an email when he returned home and rooted out an invoice . True to his word a week later he sent me on the info a very nice man.
His suppliers are in the US as might be expected ,but he had made inquires an the would ship to me no problem . It was he who suggested I might find suppliers on this side of the pond .The Birds are made in China and it may be possible that somebody may be supplying here.
I remember a few years back somebody posted some samples of their Bird nests but I am not sure if it was on here or not. Will keep tou up to date on progress . Sometimes I try to do something on the 'puter like copy & paste and I end up paying 50 or 60 euro to get me 'puter back on track .So I guess I'll order these Chiniese Birds from the US of A and see what I can turn out.
Thanks John. :wink:

boysie39Did it occur to either you or Wildman to read the subject line on my posting said:
I find your reply very offencive to say the least and not in the spirit of the forum, or any forum for that matter. You mentioned making small bird boxes you did not mention for display only. I gave you no advice I only sought to explain why you might want some artificial birds. I suggest you post a new thread looking for some manners because you obviously are lacking in that respect. That sort of post will drive people away from the forum. I further suggest any reply is posted when you are sober.

Oh dear Wildman, I think you have got the wrong idea. None of what Boysie said was anything more than his sense of humour and bantering. You'll find a lot of that going on here. Sadly it is difficult to communicate tone of voice etc but rest assured that very little truly 'offensive' behaviour goes on on this forum. Some of us have perhaps an odd sense of humour but few are nasty or bitchy.

Pete

Wildman ,what can I say I mistakenly assumed you had the same sense of humor as John and I have ,and quite a few more on this forum ,I do apolagise for thinking you had .So I am sorry for offending you and can promise you it wont happen again.
You may not imagine how easy it is to make a mistake like that unless someone pointed out to you that I havent had a drink of alcahol for 9 years 3 months 2 weeks 8 hours and 32 minutes . But you werent to know that so you just assumed,but not to worry I will be mindful in future .

Again sorry for offending you .

Bodrighy":18my22zj said:
Oh dear Wildman, I think you have got the wrong idea. None of what Boysie said was anything more than his sense of humour and bantering. You'll find a lot of that going on here. Sadly it is difficult to communicate tone of voice etc but rest assured that very little truly 'offensive' behaviour goes on on this forum. Some of us have perhaps an odd sense of humour but few are nasty or bitchy.

Pete
Jeeze Pete , thanks for the kind words you offered on my behalf . So well put I was nearly believing them meself
Ta Ta Pete God Bless.

Back