Minature Birds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apology accepted, we have never met and you don't know me from Adam so calling me a moron was just not on. You can see how I was offended. At my age it should be like water off a ducks back.

marcros":365z36kt said:
Another couple of suggestions, this time turning a few little birdies:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... vns&itbs=1 (about half way down the page)

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... vns&itbs=1 (again about half way down)

wooden+birds.jpg

The Usual Suspects! I've not seen a guiltier looking bunch of birds since Prisoner cell block H was on telly :)

Jonzjob":b5o9hzlm said:
Can't see that working Marc? Have you actually seen how Boysie turns nice wood into shavings :roll: :roll:

Ahaa , but are they not very well made shavings , Hey Jonz do you think Marc is taking the wee wee out of me. :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: How can I put them birds on a perch outside a minature bird house. :shock: they would be done for loitering with NO intent.

they do look a bit moody, to say the least. 2nd from the left has a distinct scowl, and 3rd and 4th from the left look like they are about to commit armed robbery

The 1st on left looks as if he has been robbed
2nd looks as if he dunnit
3rd is saying "I saw that"
4th is saying "I know noothing"
5th fella is saying " I wish Boysie had put me on the bloody perch."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You could try Etsy.com?
Lots of very good handmade miniature stuff on there. Handmade version of Ebay but not an auction site.

Depends what you're looking for.

20120407_121045.jpg

not sure if you can see thus, however this is a prototype I made, the roof overhang is to small, but I got nice matching butterfly which I think adds nice effect, about £2 the pair.

Attachments

• 20120407_121045.jpg
    20120407_121045.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 991
ok, even when i rotate on phone, is still sideways, so one Photoshop edit later....

i was quite happy with this as a first one, and since made with blue and red birds/butterflies with woods that contrast / go nicely with the colours...

PS the bird is about 1" tall, so quite small.

wcndave":ur2tpsed said:
not sure if you can see thus, however this is a prototype I made, the roof overhang is to small, but I got nice matching butterfly which I think adds nice effect, about £2 the pair.

Where do find them little critters then Dave?

Small village in northern Italy. They are made from polystyrene and other birds and pieces, however perfect for interior ornaments. I can bring some on my next trip if anyone wants.

Dave , I would be intrested in a dozen (12) of that size birds . if you could get me a price including postage/ shipping I would be happy to send it on with my address . You can PM me with details . Thank You

I would just like to say a BIG thank you to WCN DAVE for getting me a lovely collection of miniture birds .
I recieved them during the week and will be making a start at making some birdboxes as soon as the Candlesticks have been finished .
Is'nt it great to have people around who make the effort to help you out ,well done Dave , =D> =D>

Not at all, lets see some photos of the results is my only request ;-)

:idea: with the extra odd euro thrown in by kind souls like Boysie, I could start an export business!

I'd need to export 1,500 a day to make any kind of living... :-k

boysie.... have you sourced your birdies yet..?

If not, try Turners Retreat.... page 40 of their catalogue (sorry cant offer a link cos i cant 'find' them on their new website...)

Anyway.... 1" red bird (pack of 2) £2.99
5/8" coloured bird pack (pack of 6) £4.70

Hope this helps (homer)

Nick

Back