Milling Machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Adam

I did have a look at Farnell and found 60 stepper driver ICs from £2.48 each. Makes it even cheaper than £20 for the stepper driver board.
Could be built on veroboard too.

Tony":18wj4df1 said:
Cheers Adam

I did have a look at Farnell and found 60 stepper driver ICs from £2.48 each. Makes it even cheaper than £20 for the stepper driver board.
Could be built on veroboard too.

Just search on www.google.com for something like "stepper motor control" or "stepper control software" or "stepper motor driver circuit"... you get the drift, and their is literally hundreds of ametuer websites from people, with help, parts lists, schematics, PCB layouts etc.

I got a bit interested when I was taking photos using kites to elivate the camera - "Kite Aerial Photography". Often used for photographing archaelogical sites. You need stepper motor control to set azimuth and elevation.

Adam

Andrew

From a Health and Safety standpoint if you are to use a CNC machine for commercial use (and by strict definition for workshop use) the machine must be fully guarded to prevent any possibly accidents. A lot of commercial machines do not have this facility.

Malcolm

Malcolm Stamper":vbx1h0mz said:
From a Health and Safety standpoint if you are to use a CNC machine for commercial use (and by strict definition for workshop use) the machine must be fully guarded to prevent any possibly accidents. A lot of commercial machines do not have this facility
Good point. I wonder if my DeWalt radial arm saw would pass muster on that score?

Andrew

Back