Mikes blades.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I just had to let everyone know how pleased I am with my latest delivery of blades from Mikes workshop. I ordered a gross of number 3, number 7 and 2 gross of number five ultra reverse. They are the most amazing blades I have ever used and I just cannot see myself using anything else. On long curving lines they seem to be on auto pilot, not wavering one little bit. One of the problems I have had is backing the blade up to a new line, like a right angle or a point. I cut as far as I can and then back the blade up and then come back on myself in reverse to start the new line and very often I have not been able to do this with other blades. The new blades are lasting longer as well. I am cutting teak at the moment, which has a mind of its own but I am having no problems at all. Another advantage is that the blades have a mark on them so you always know what end is the top. One of the best features about this blade is the super smooth finish it leaves on the sides and almost no fuzzies on the underside.

Geoff.

Yes, you were all right, Mikes blades are certainly the best and I am grateful for pointing me in the right direction. May the force always be with Mike.

Who is this Mike and how can I get hold of some of his blades?
I am a newbie and still trying to find my way around this site.
Regards, David

FD blades are certainly very good; I find that no one manufacture is good for all woods and different thicknesses. I use a mixture of blades depending on the work. I use FD's along with Pegasus (modified geometry). The Pegasus number 1's are very difficult to use as opposed to Ultra number 1's. For cutting thick timber I find that Olsen PST skip tooth No 9's Ok; except that they are very expensive for what you get. I don't do allot with them.

Latest posts

Back