Microwaves & wireless routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha......off-topic...is it true that rubbish items over 30cm are classed as over-sized and you have to pay extra to get them to take it away in Chiba?

Roger Sinden":ow5ex2f1 said:
Ha ha......off-topic...is it true that rubbish items over 30cm are classed as over-sized and you have to pay extra to get them to take it away in Chiba?

Where did you read that? It's infinitely more complicated than that. There's an itemised price list (hmm, now is that a guitar or a ukelele?). Then you have to book what day you want to chuck it, then buy a special sticker and stick in on, then put it out at the time you specified - and that's just the complicated stuff! We have an A3 poster on the fridge telling us what day we can throw normal things away, what kinds of thing we're allowed to mix, what kind of bag we're to use, etc, etc. Break the rules and your garbage gets left, or even worse returned by an irate member of the residents association. I'm not just a garbage expert, I'm a garbage ninja. :roll:

:lol: LOL. And we worry about three different bags...you have five!

Where did I read it? I was curious to know where Chiba was and Googled...and got this. We're hoping to come to Japan next year (Tokyo and Kyoto...mmm.just realised they are anagrams of each other!). I've been to Osaka once on business but my missus wants to see the gardens in Kyoto so who am I to argue!!

Whoa! Chiba.
I am still learning to walk as far as wireless networks and macs are concerned. I think I can do without a torrent of bits for a while yet and as for sitting in Starbucks doing anything - sorry not my cup of tea :lol: pun intended :lol:

The iMac is one of the old fashioned ones I'm afraid, G5 PowerPC.

It's amazing how different countries cope with rubbish collection. There are councils in in Kent that collect only every other week. My in-laws, in France,
have 4 collections a week - two of those for non-recyclable.

Andy

dedee":31cvfmo5 said:
two of those for non-recyclable.

Andy

We used to recycle our tin cans and religiously washed them, saved them and ultimately took them to the can bank when we went to the Malvern Waitrose. Then Malvern District Council started issuing green bags for recycling things like tin cans. So some bright spark said 'Hey..we don't need all those can banks anymore' completely forgetting that many people come to shop there from all over the place and many, like us, come under Herefordshire who DON'T do recycling in the rural communities.

What to do? No can bank anymore...nearest one is a 24 mile dedicated round trip..so reluctantly in they go with the normal household rubbish.

Back