microclene air filtration mc400 or 500?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escudo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
What ho woodworking chums,

I can't quite decide which of these two models is best. There is not that much in price £125 for the 400 and around £175 or the bigger 500 model. Filters for each cost the same.

The 500 model is two speed and can be turned up when dust activity is created. This seems useful but I have no experience to know if it is worth the difference?

My workshop is quite small around 20 cubic meters so either will be adequate.

Any advise / wisdom on this would be very helpful also any alternative options / models I may have overlooked.

Thanks, Esc.

Only thing I would warn you about these things is there are noisy. I have the MC400 - and it's on a lot less than it should be because of the noise. If the lower setting on the 500 is quiet that could be a handy feature.
Cheers
Gidon

I agree with Gidon. Have a larger model (1200 or something I think) and sounds like a 747 getting up to speed !

Might be too big for your space but I have heard that the Jet rectangular one is effective and a bit quiter as well if I remember correctly.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Thanks for the reply shipmates,

I think I will go for the 500 model, it is a bit more expensive but I think the two speed option will be useful.

The jet model seems quite big in comparision.

I hope it doesn't suck the baccy out of me pipe when I turn it on. :lol:

Cheers, Esc.

Back