Metabo 254 m

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I bought one of these over a year ago.
I'm quite pleased with it.
I'm having difficulty sourcing T track nuts to fit the groove. it's 19mm wide, all I can find so far is 23mm .

I've made T bolts from coach bolts, just file or grind two opposing flats to suit track. T-track nuts are easy enough to make, or modifying slightly bigger ones, even square nuts of appropriate size.
Yes I did that,
That's what I'm working with now, a rough wood feather board held by two large modified spouting bolts and tightened by home made wood knobs, and it does the job perfectly.

But since retirement I only take on smaller jobs and with the present economic climate there are less of those.

I have enough spare time to make my "shap" a more friendly place. I've made a router table, improved the dust extraction and I'm currently in the process of making a pillar drill table and fence.

In fact my "shap" has never been set up better and doing so little.

So I figure why not have a nice neat set up with the proper fittings rather than my own perfectly good somewhat less eye catching creation.

A well known online auction site has come to the rescue yet again. :)

Back