Message from Grizzly

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just received A quote from Grizzly Industries for a Dewalt 788 including shipping to my door for $574.43 plus custom charges which I calculate to $697 =£420.00??? Mal

Hi Mal
Just comparing that with a Hegner multi 1 with variable speed £488 inc vat,240v, repairs/spares in the UK if needed how would you get the Dewalt repaired ? not sure if the Dewalt compares at that price what do you think?? Maybe even get a better deal on the Hegner at shows ?? Shame I can`t make it to Harrogate tomorrow :cry:
Regards
Steve

Steve I went last year (my first time to the show) quite enjoyed it but couldnt believe how busy it was guess theres lots of us about :) . My lot prebooked a weekend at Center Parcs so thats my weekend sorted. Have a gudden :wink:
Cheers
Steve

haha, how ironic, i live only 15mins from centre parcs (nottm) but will be in Yorkshire, and you the opposite.

I don't think it's fair to compare a DW788 against a Hegner 1 SV. It's closer to a Hegner 2 SV.

So long as you can overcome the power supply compatibility issue without incurring too much expense, Mal, there's a lot to be said for the deal. I think you might be erring on the side of caution with your import duty and VAT calculation, but it's better to to be surprised by a lower tax bill than a higher one.

Hope everyone enjoys themselves at Harrogate tomorrow. It's too far for me, unfortunately.

Hi Alberto Thats just the type of transfomer I have to run my circle saw of Mal

Back