Merry Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
May I be the first (on the forum) to wish you all a Merry Christmas (now the clock has turned).

I have just finished par boiling all the veg that required it, turkey is sorted and ready to be blasted, desserts all prepared, timings set out so I know what goes in when, without needing to work it out on the fly, finishing touches put to two wine racks I have made as gifts (WIP pics to follow obv...), presents all stacked under tree (geez, there's a lot!!! :D) and now sittting down to a nice glass of Lagavulin and some TV to wind down :D

Hope you (and your families) all have a great day. May your cup runneth over with whatever you desire :ho2

Mark,

Best wishes to yourself and everyone else on this forum. Can't fault your choice of malt, like the odd Lagavulin myself, like the peaty ones.

Mick.

Merry Xmas Mark. I've just done the same. Our butcher hadn't prepped the Turkey the way I like it, so I had to bone out the crown and legs before I stuffed them. I like getting the bulk of it out the way the night before.

Seasons greetings to you too. I'm sat here enjoying a new pleasure, Morland's Old Crafty Hen, a warmed up winter warmer version of Owld Speckled Un. Very nice

Well yes it is involved, but normally the butcher does the hard work. I much prefer cooking the Turkey this way. It's quicker, everything cooks evenly and remains moist. It's also much easier to carve and serve\portion. Simples

Yes, Felice Natalie to all.
My mate Bob is coming over for a couple of days. We are going walking today with some friends of mine, followed by a very un-Trad dinner at their place. Lobster and crab salad , beef casserole, B&B pudding with apricot conserve, Catuccini with Vin Santo, Colston Basset Stilton with Niepoort. I really don't think we'll manage it all.

Tomorrow, Bob, who hasn't had to cook for years, is doing the Trad thing for me as a treat, as it's usually me cooking for him.

I look forward to seeing all your goodies pics :)

Steve

Merry Christmas. I'll have my own tradition of Salmon for Christmas Dinner this evening. I'm afraid my Christmas prezzy was an early one - the pillar drill used to finish the workbench in late November :shock:

Although I'm really glad I did give in and get it early, as the trip down to High Wycombe was a lot easier than it would have been this week :)

Happy New Year all

Boz

Yes here too Merry Christmas to all and all the best for the New Year. I thought it was only me who nips down to the workshop on Christmas day, :D In between cooking dinner I have just been down to unclamp perts of the shoe cabinet and glue some more and re-clamp pieces. :roll: SWMBO is used to it now but used to think I was mad. I guess I just can't keep away from wood. :lol: I am now relaxing with a Pernod though. :wink:

Fully intend to disappear into the workshop after lunch. Too much inlaws in bad for ones health.

I've not been on here in a while, but good to see all the usual suspects are still here. A very Merry Christmas to you all.

Andy

Back