Medite MDF at B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakmitre

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just been into B&Q Trafford Park ( Manchester ).

I noticed some MDF pieces in the offcuts bin of the panel saw area. The edge of them was stamped up "Medite Trade". I asked the man operating the saw, but he was unable to tell me if this was a new supplier.

I wonder if this a one off, or they have switched to Medite.

I think some of the staff must be ex-trade. The man operating the saw ripped a length of ply, adjusted and cut a smaller piece to measure. He then without asking placed the smaller piece against the length and cut a second piece so that the saw blade trimmed both pieces to the final dimension hence ensuring the size for both small pieces would be exactly the same. That impressed me.

Every time I have bought MDF from my local B&Q warehouse (which is admittedly only about five times over 15 years) it has been Medite Premier. Last time I looked it wasn't. So I guess it varies, but they do definitely stock it at least sometimes in at least some B&Qs.

Don't buy mdf from B&Q guys. There markup is disgusting. When you buy it by the pack the price is roughly per board what the thickness in mm is ie 12mm is £12, 18mm is £18 so for them to charge £25 for 2 rips that are half a sheet takes the p@#*

ComfortablyNumb":2l9mag66 said:
Don't buy mdf from B&Q guys. There markup is disgusting. When you buy it by the pack the price is roughly per board what the thickness in mm is ie 12mm is £12, 18mm is £18 so for them to charge £25 for 2 rips that are half a sheet takes the p@#*

and it almost invariably sags whilst on their racks.

Latest posts

Back