May Challenge - The results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay, that work thing getting in the way :roll:

From Paul...

Hi Nev,
Results as follows.

1st Nev: A different approach with the combination of shapes.
2nd Silverbirch: Nicely turned. The plug in the base is a good idea.
3rd SheptonPhil: Technically complex and well executed.
4th MelindaDD: Nice work with the shade.
5th Heatherw: Simple design taking advantage of the natural features in the wood.

Well done to all who had a go. It would be nice to see more entries so for the rest of the turners - stop reading this and get turning! :)

Sorry about the delay. It's taken me a week to catch up after my week away!

Paul

Thank you!

That will keep me going for the last day of my move!

Second podium position this year... im well chuffed. Never had any in previous
My aim each year is to get 12 points. ... 1 for each month. .. well on my way for it this year!

Well done everyone. Not many entries, which is a pity, but the whole spectrum from the traditional to the innovative on display!

Ian

Well done to all who managed an entry this month. Some nice pieces. It amazes me the different interpretation on a theme. This months should be really interesting.

Phil

jumps":2rf5op7d said:
Nev - I loved your entry

Thank you muchly (and also to Random Bob) :D
A good combination of plagiarism (woodturning mag), ingenuity (pen tubes), a little skill :wink: (the turning bit) and a lot of luck (getting it to balance correctly).
Tis now the mrs' bedside lamp.
My fave this month was Ians, repetetive beads still elude my skill set at the mo so they always impress me :)

nev":e74zjhsz said:
jumps":e74zjhsz said:
Nev - I loved your entry

Thank you muchly (and also to Random Bob) :D
A good combination of plagiarism (woodturning mag), ingenuity (pen tubes), a little skill :wink: (the turning bit) and a lot of luck (getting it to balance correctly).
Tis now the mrs' bedside lamp.
My fave this month was Ians, repetetive beads still elude my skill set at the mo so they always impress me :)

Hi Nev...why am I being thanked? Confused? What have I done to deserve that?

Random Orbital Bob":2jhzoqr9 said:
Hi Nev...why am I being thanked? Confused? What have I done to deserve that?

For your previous comment on the 'post your entries here' thread,( that was modedited cos it was a bit previous to the judging)

A belated well done to all in the (FRAME) . and to the rest of the entrants keep at it some great pieces on view ,

Back