Mark from Oxfordshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, all-

I'm originally from America, but have been living abroad since 2008 and in the UK since 2012. I started woodworking about a year ago when I took two courses- one at Peter Sefton in Worcestershire and another at Rowden in Devon. Not many pictures of projects because there haven't been many projects yet, but here is a letter rack I made on the Peter Sefton course:

IMG_20211211_210617.jpg

I've also made a pair of winding sticks on the Rowden course (no photos) and a window box that rotted pretty quickly, but which gave me a chance to practice my dovetails. I tend to get absorbed by a project and work remarkably slowly. At the end of a day of woodworking, I may not have much to show, but I've always had a good time.

When I'm not woodworking, I'm either working as a psychotherapist or spending time with my wife, three kids (7yo, 4yo, and 1yo), and dog (14yo). My hope in joining the forum is to learn more about woodworking - by reading posts and asking my own questions - and get some pointers on setting up my own workspace.

Hello mark, don’t worry about what you have following x hours of woodwork as your enjoyment is what it’s all about, as your experience grows so will your projects .

Agreed - if it's for fun, who cares how long you take? I have electronics projects that have been going on for years!
Nice letter rack :)

Latest posts

Back