Makita BO4555 Palm Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I have a couple of the older Makita palm sanders one velcro pad one I bought half price when Axminister where selling them off, and the other is a clip type which was £3 from a car boot. Cracking little sanders very well made with 3 sealed ball races and good dust extraction.

Pete

Noisy little brutes. Only say that because I've had one buzzing away behind me for about 4 hours today. Even my Metabo ROS is quieter than that

Oh it's not that they aren't good little machines. They are. It's just that they are best suited to small touch up jobs not sanding down a hundred odd plinths

I have got an earlier clip type and would agree about the noise to the extent I am reluctant to use it and I am looking for something quieter,
a 125mm ROS seems a quieter alternative

Cheers Nigel

Nigel":2uys1kgl said:
a 125mm ROS seems a quieter alternative

If the budget permits go 150mm. They work a fair bit faster than the 125mm ones. I use a Metabo - heavier and noisier than a Festool buit the agressiveness of the 5mm (coarse mode) makes up for the noise I suppose

Unfortunately guys , except for my TS200, all my power tools are noisy, even the dust extractor :( I'm only using the Makita for small jobs like jewelry boxes or toys so my ears aren't ravaged.

I agree Filsgreen I bought the same one when my old one packed in last week. Its a nice little machine,

Back