Makita 12v combi drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Wonder if anybody out there can answer my concerns.

I have a Makita 12v combi drill (8414???), with 3 x 2.6ah NiMH batteries. I have noticed the performance of the batteries dropping off a bit lately. Today I was ply lining a floor with 9mm ply being fixed to floorboards. 6 sheets, 40 screws in each. The Makita batteries were fully charged and off I go drilling 3mm pilot holes and countersinks (screwdriving done by Bosch Impact). 240 holes and countersinks took 2 full battery charges. That doesn't seem right to me, and thought I would see what you lot thought before I contacted Makita.

Only had the thing for a year, and whilst its been used, it isn't something which is on constantly throughout the day.

Cheers

Karl

Hello mate

All i can suggest is that you test the battery with one of those gadgets.

I did mine today and found a couple of batteries that were under-performing were only pushing 15v, whereas the newer ones were up to 21 odd volts after a charge.

I'm no expert with electrics, but that doesn't sound too good to me either.
I believe Makita are ok with their customers, so give 'em a call!

The college I am at uses makita 12v combis, and they take a hell of a kicking, as you can imagine. And they perform well, so maybe you got a bud 'un.

It's Li-ion all the way from here on mate!

Be lucky.

Latest posts

Back