making wooden planes jack/jointer type

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big soft moose

Established Member
Reaction score
Simple question really how hard are these to make, and are there any WiPs kicking about

reason for asking is that I have in mind to make a really long one (as in longer than a no.8 jointer) to use for flattening the edges of 8' sign posts from sawn

we currently use the powered planer, but as our new workshop is now co-located with the office there are going to be times that a quiet option might be needed

big soft moose":fmr59f9s said:
Simple question really how hard are these to make, and are there any WiPs kicking about

reason for asking is that I have in mind to make a really long one (as in longer than a no.8 jointer) to use for flattening the edges of 8' sign posts from sawn

we currently use the powered planer, but as our new workshop is now co-located with the office there are going to be times that a quiet option might be needed

Not difficult Moosey, herewith 'Big Woodie'

rrtyuutyu.jpg

at 28" with a fully adjustable mouth. Mahogany and greenheart, with it's original iron but now sporting a 6mm thick O1 double iron Phillyblade. I could have make it longer but it would have then been a little unweildy - Rob

cheers rob thats pretty much what i want to make - probably not from green heart tho as i get a nasty allergic reaction to that.

So you have and Wips of making it ?

big soft moose":eebjt7gs said:
cheers rob thats pretty much what i want to make - probably not from green heart tho as i get a nasty allergic reaction to that.

So you have and Wips of making it ?

I think if you were to do a search hereabouts :roll: I think you'll find a thread...but don't ask me how to do the search :oops: If you've got some past issues of F&C from a couple of years ago it's also in there - Rob

Back