Mafell MT55 guide rails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed209

Established Member
Reaction score
I have bought a MT55 with two 1600mm guide rails
The Mafel inductions are a bit vague to say the least and there web site didn't seem to offer much help, unless I'm looking in the wrong places.
My first question is trimming the new guide rails how?
On the Festool site it says set saw to slow and overhang to trim but It seems there is conflicting advises from them as it also says high speed to trim, also others have said do on sacrificial sheet of board, some even suggested joining the two stops before trimming, any advise eagerly awaited please.
My second is in relation to track lengths
I was thinking of cutting one track down to 1100mm giving me 2.7M to cut 8x4 sheets more easy in confined garage workshop,
Would leave me a 500mm length might come in useful.
Thanks Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed209":1e8bhobl said:
I have bought a MT55 with two 1600mm guide rails
The Mafel inductions are a bit vague to say the least and there web site didn't seem to offer much help, unless I'm looking in the wrong places.
My first question is trimming the new guide rails how?
On the Festool site it says set saw to slow and overhang to trim but It seems there is conflicting advises from them as it also says high speed to trim, also others have said do on sacrificial sheet of board, some even suggested joining the two stops before trimming, any advise eagerly awaited please.
My second is in relation to track lengths
I was thinking of cutting one track down to 1100mm giving me 2.7M to cut 8x4 sheets more easy in confined garage workshop,
Would leave me a 500mm length might come in useful.
Thanks Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Paul
Set your rails up on a sheet of ply and run the saw through Job Done. I would leave 600mm as an offcut for the rail . hope this helps Cheers Bern :D

when cutting the rail make sure to leave the length of the saw x2 more than 8 foot for starting and stopping the cuts .

regards and have fun rick

Back