mafell/festool/bosch rail clamp compatability

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ade1

Established Member
Reaction score
morning, took the plunge (excuse the pun) and bought a maffel plunge saw & guide rail, spent a lot of time deciding which would be best for me and the mafell won marginally with the depth of cut, the only downside being the cost of accessories which are higher than festool. what i was wondering if anyone knows if the actual rail f clamps are all the same, just repackaged for the different companies? theres about £13 difference :shock: between the bosch & mafell which online look identical to me, unfortunately theres no stockists locally to see for myself. any input gratefully received, ade

ade1":2po25eob said:
morning, took the plunge (excuse the pun) and bought a maffel plunge saw & guide rail, spent a lot of time deciding which would be best for me and the mafell won marginally with the depth of cut, the only downside being the cost of accessories which are higher than festool. what i was wondering if anyone knows if the actual rail f clamps are all the same, just repackaged for the different companies? theres about £13 difference :shock: between the bosch & mafell which online look identical to me, unfortunately theres no stockists locally to see for myself. any input gratefully received, ade

For the Mafell saw only the Mafell and I'm 95% sure the Bosch clamps will work..The Festool, Makita and Dewalt etc will not work, the bar which slides in to the rails is a lot thicker..
The cheapest clamps (for Festool etc) seem to be the Hilti ones, about £7 each..

John....

I have not seen the hilti clamps close up, so they might fit the Mafell

john

Attachments

• 6512.jpg
    6512.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2,635
thanks for the input, reckon i'll try the bosch, the rails themselves seem identical so should be a safe bet. what can possibly go wrong???!

Back