Made me cringe!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seaco,
seen this before, and that was my thought too :shock: :shock:

theres dumb, and theres absolutely stupid.... :lol:

turned it off after i saw the first cut - he must be on drugs/booze/both !

Cheers

Karl

Jesus wept! I was just arguing on another forum that parents over protect kids when they are young so that as they get older they have no sense of danger.
I think my case is proved!

Roy.

It does look quite sill but I have to admit that when I run a Dado on the tablesaw I have done it myself, although when it's on really small pieces, I do use a push stick and feather boards to keep it held down.

jon.

Ditto! But that guy better start practising picking his teeth with his left hand I think!

Roy.

jonny boy":2wnwrtto said:
It does look quite sill but I have to admit that when I run a Dado on the tablesaw I have done it myself, although when it's on really small pieces, I do use a push stick and feather boards to keep it held down.

jon.

Sorry but I have to much respect for that wheel of death to ever get my hands that close you only need a little kickback to get a manicure you'll never forget... :oops:

I just posted this in the comments section for the video

the mans a moron - a health and safety nightmare - an accident blackspot - his parents should not let him play with power equipment (electric toothbrush excepted)

I forgot to add one of my favourite adages

A machine will not stop no matter how loud you scream !!
think I will go back and add that as well

What really worried me was that the damn fool was so certain of himself that he was actually showing other people what to do!
Now I understand why 11 pages of the last instruction book I read were devoted to safety instructions.
I suppose he can read!

Roy.

I have to say that what he is doing is plain stupid. Yes, he got away with it for this demonstration, and he may get away with it for the next. But there will come a time when he won't and in a straight fight between fingers and saw blade, you know which one will win!!!

Earlier this week I was cutting some strips off a piece of 4 x 2. I double sided taped a block to my fence so it ended just in front of the blade, the piece cut off would not get jammed between the blade and the fence. I cut two of the three strips, but failed to notice that the stock tapered from front to back, narrowest nearest to me. As I pushed it through, there was a bang and I lost a lump off the end of my push stick. My hands were a good 12" away from the blade and did not suffer. This is a simple task that I have done a few times, but I failed to notice a taper. It could have cost me a lot!

Never hurts to be reminded why we have push sticks and why it is important that safe techniques are employed.

Bob (Still with all his fingers, but one less push stick)

Back