Machinery mover near Southampton?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guineafowl21

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve bought a Tom Senior light vertical miller, like this one:
1670584967716.jpeg

Price to get it to me, if on a pallet, is just £130. Unfortunately it’s not, so I’m looking for someone to at least palletise it for onward shipping. Access is driveway/garage type affair. Help available on site.

Weight about 350kg. Will fit on a standard Euro pallet.

Any recommendations, please? It’s near Nursling.

I would be doubtful trusting that to a regular pallet shifter, not sure it would survive intact. You really want someone used to moving that sort of machine. I paid £300 for a 650kg engine lathe move and worth every penny. No use to you unfortunately as wrong part of the country. I don't think that a machinery mover will be too phased by it not being on a pallet.

If they have help why can the not get it onto a pallet??

I'd take the sliding bed off it it it comes apart.

Must be loads of machinery movers down Southampton way.

If it simply has to go on a pallet make damn sure its bolted down to the pallet well.
Lower the knee right down & crank the head of the machine over to keep the centre of gravity as low as possible. Take the handles off at the very least, Remember the leadscrew & possibly table stick out beyond the pallet so are vulnerable to getting bent. If its possible to pad the ends with small tyres etc it might save it when a forklift driver falls asleep or it slides about in the back of a truck.
Personally i would pay someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks all, I‘ve found a machinery mover nearby who has given a reasonable quote. They have a model engineer working for them, so hopefully he’ll keep everything stright.

Main worry, as you say, is the onward pallet transport, but it’s by Speedshift, which is owned/run/something to do with a member on the MIG welding forum. He’s promised to put his best man on it.

Latest posts

Back