Lumberjack 5 minute polyurethane glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkwindjammer

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this adhesive and if so what did you think, its in one of those caulking gun type containers-will it last long after the seal has been punctured-I'm fed up throwing out 'Quickgrip' etc because it has gone off, sometimes within 24 hours :(

barkwindjammer":3fz6yly8 said:
Has anyone tried this adhesive and if so what did you think, its in one of those caulking gun type containers-will it last long after the seal has been punctured-I'm fed up throwing out 'Quickgrip' etc because it has gone off, sometimes within 24 hours :(

Awesome is the word! I've used it extensively over the years whilst doing the house, it's roof and the workshop.

My fasicas on the workshop (an the house as well) have a spliced joints - I used that to join them.

I keep the part used tube in the house and perfectly months after (1 over a year later) - as long as you put the end properly back on.

HIH

Dibs

Prefer WOODWELD myself
I have used lumberjack but when its cured I find it a bit "crispy" compared to "Woodweld"

Because the woodweld stays a bit foamy in any gaps it will not snap at the joint if full surface contact is not made.

Did a set of 6 dining chairs a good while ago that had been got at before and kept breaking .Stripped the joints back and welded em all :wink: Still going strong.

Surface to surface glueing is as solid as a rock

Always keep the end covered and it lasts a good while.

Andy

No this ain't me in the vid :roll: :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXzgb5Lj ... dded#at=31

I use that one all the time.

Used over 100 tubes (ok it could well be more) have tested a lot of polyurathane glues, and i like this one a lot

One thing i do not like from this particular glue is when you get it on your hands, it leaves black staines for days

After use, put the cap on and it will stay good for weeks/months

Have fun
chris

Mcluma":1qhtpsel said:
One thing i do not like from this particular glue is when you get it on your hands, it leaves black staines for days

Been there done that! :lol:

Box of latex gloves stopped that.

HIH

Dibs

Dibs-h":1zzchcs4 said:
Mcluma":1zzchcs4 said:

Been there done that! :lol:

Box of latex gloves stopped that.

HIH

Dibs

So i'm not the only one then.

I also have been using lately pink grip ( only in the construction - not in the fine woodworking) and find the smell really nice :p

The glue has a very good grip, and is very strong, and doesn't leave nasty glue marks to clean up - and is softer on the hands

Mcluma":1llpzndm said:
So i'm not the only one then.

I also have been using lately pink grip ( only in the construction - not in the fine woodworking) and find the smell really nice :p

The glue has a very good grip, and is very strong, and doesn't leave nasty glue marks to clean up - and is softer on the hands

I don't know what (the glue-sniffing) you're on about :lol: :mrgreen:

Dibs

p.s. Yes it does smell rather nice. :oops:

I love the grotty Black hands look. The expression on the faces of shop assistants as I hand over my dosh with black and grubby looking hands is priceless. May be they think I've got the Black Death or something.

I also use this glue for outdoor projects. If you get it on your hands remove it with a good scrubbing with a pumice stone, works great. I often forget to use the latex gloves. :roll:

TEO":28wobb4l said:
Mcluma":28wobb4l said:
currently ebay is the cheapest.

axminster used to do it

Chris

Hey Chris, if there's a Toolstation close to you, you'll find it cheaper there http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhesives+Sealants/Wood+Adhesive+PVA/d180/sd3198

Best,
T

That is cheap indeed

One small tip, watch out for the too cheap resellers on ebay for the Poly glue, as there is a use by date on the bottles. twice they solde me out of date glue. no problem with the sellers as they refunded, but it is the hassle of buying and complaining, and not having the glue at home when you intend to use it

Latest posts

Back