Looking to upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mal

Established Member
Reaction score
After a year or so on my first lathe, a Record Power DML 18SH, the time has come to get something a bit more sensible, but there is so much to choose from!

Funds are pretty tight ( as always!), but have seen this advert locally, well, about an hour and a halfs drive away, and seems like a good buy. Just wondered what others thought?

Wood Turning Lathe Jet JWL 1442 Variable speed Swivel head lathe 57" bed with extra free standing tool rest 2 Axminster chucks face-plates etc £390.00 ono.

Thanks in advance

Don't under-estimate the value of those accessories. I paid £160 for an Axminster Evolution chuck, and they have gons up since. Add a set of O'Donnell jaws at about £80 and that is more than half the cost of your Jet already - and you have 2 chucks, with jaws I assums (at around £25-£30 each set). Sounds like a decent deal to me, as long as that is the size of lathe you want, of course.

K

Mal":2qsynku1 said:
seems like a good buy. Just wondered what others thought?
Wood Turning Lathe Jet JWL 1442 Variable speed Swivel head lathe 57" bed with extra free standing tool rest 2 Axminster chucks face-plates etc £390.00 ono.
Go for it. If you don't want it, pass on the details to me it sounds a good bargain.

Back