Looking for a supplier of oak veneered MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjerbill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help with a supplier of oak veneered MDF, preferably within driving distance of Swindon and ideally with a cutting service. (Or a reasonably priced delivery service) The only one I can find using Google is Travis Perkins and they want over £100 a sheet! :(

Bill

Try SL Hardwoods at Croydon. They will courier it out. I have used them several times and price and service was good

PAC1 beat me to it

I am hopefully getting some sheets delivered tomorrow from them. Price was OK considering I'm a fair bit away.

None of the local builders merchant type places near me were interested.

Jimmy, make sure you are there to help the courier driver, they tend not to be used to unloading expensive veneer. SLH wrap the sheets well but I remember one driver could not give a monkeys it was too heavy for him to lift so dragging it off the van and then across my gravel drive was apparently ok. That said SLH have always given good service.

Chiltern Timber also do oak veneered mdf and they can deliver. I've had some off them before and it has been good.

There's also Avon Plywood between Bristol and Bath. I've used them once for a DIY project and they were very good and I believe that others in the Bristol area such as Mahomo59 have used them as well.

http://www.avonplywood.co.uk/

PAC - Yes - I am hoping to be in.

We have a bit of snow here which looks like its going to lie - so the drive's going to be pretty slippy for getting it moved up to the garage..

I think I will just get it into the carport and get it cut down to more manageable sizes - may use one of the kids old skateboards to help move the sheets up the drive - hopefully that will help stop them getting damaged.

Jimmy

I have not used these people yet but they seem to do everything you could want and offer a next day delivery and offer a cutting service http://www.meyertimber.com/products.aspx might be worth giving them a shout, they seemed to be pretty good on price from memory
I have been in contact with them and they seem busy but very helpful, I was quite impressed with their sales staff and will be giving them an order soon for some sheet laminate stuff.

Back