Longest thread ever?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I am celebrating not having a broken wrist!

I must remember skateboarding is for young people, skateboarding is for young people .....

I have spent the last two days cutting bowl blanks, my 2 storage sheds are in need of replacement but in order to do that I have got to empty them. Didn't realise how much wood I had

:oops: Vic :oops:

Vic Perrin":195ag44y said:
I have spent the last two days cutting bowl blanks, my 2 storage sheds are in need of replacement but in order to do that I have got to empty them. Didn't realise how much wood I had

:oops: Vic :oops:

My storage 'sheds' are just pallets sides, back and top - not the prettiest things in the world, in the view of SWMBO, but I always tell it's what's inside that counts :lol: (Not sure she's convinced)....

Today I've spent almost 15 hours in my home workshop making a roll holder for the paper towel rolls I have and a rabbit hutch out of all my scrap 2 x 2, plywood, CLS and OSB for the injured baby wild rabbit brought to my wife by one of the neighboughs after their cat caught it.

Needless to say my 9 year old daughter has decided to keep "Nibbles" :roll: by handling her a lot and taming her.

It looks a bit like Frankenstein's monster at the moment but will look OK once it's been painted up.

Yesterday I tried doing as little as possible to a piece of wood and now have a beer and potato shelf :lol:
jepypagu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

krashbandikoot":3pmsmy6q said:
Today I've spent almost 15 hours in my home workshop making a roll holder for the paper towel rolls I have and a rabbit hutch out of all my scrap 2 x 2, plywood, CLS and OSB for the injured baby wild rabbit brought to my wife by one of the neighboughs after their cat caught it.

Needless to say my 9 year old daughter has decided to keep "Nibbles" :roll: by handling her a lot and taming her.

It looks a bit like Frankenstein's monster at the moment but will look OK once it's been painted up.

That would be the hutch, and not the rabbit? :mrgreen: (hammer)

Benchwayze":3bwo5qer said:
That would be the hutch, and not the rabbit? :mrgreen: (hammer)

You never know now do you :p

I just knew there had to be one who'd see it that way and take advantage of my tired old bones 8)

I've just got to net the front today and fit a catch for the door then the hutch is done. Pics to follow when it's been painted up and not before! It's way too ugly to take 'before' pics :lol: :lol: (Yes! The hutch not the rabbit :p :p )

krashbandikoot":2ofwu48j said:

You're going to paint the rabbit?!!!

krashbandikoot":3dsd7ewo said:
and a rabbit hutch out of all my scrap 2 x 2, plywood, CLS and OSB for the injured baby wild rabbit brought to my wife by one of the neighboughs after their cat caught it.

I know the feeling well.

Lost count of the number of 6x2x2 or 5x3x2.5 hutches I had to build on 24 hours notice :shock:

The joys of having run a rescue........

Anyway, today been trying out various conservatory plans for parents. FINALLY decided on a half Edwardian/half Victorian design to retain rear gate access. Now to start digging up concrete to put in the trenches :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Today I woke and found a sock hanging on each side of the living room door handle and a potato and can of beer in the hallway. Hoovered and mopped the floor then put together a table I painted that originally came from the tip- it'll do as a desk untill I get around to making one
be8a2ube.jpg

After that I went out scavenging to find parts for a themed light I wanna make.
e7a5ydep.jpg

Any guesses ? - Just like that :lol: also picked up mr t's autobiography from the booty

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have spent the last 4 days at Stafford Hospital as my Wife was rushed in and was very poorly.
As a lot of you may well know Stafford has been heavily criticised by the press etc over the last couple of years.

I can only say that if there had been a problem it has certainly been ironed out now.

A fantastic professional team that have put my wife well on the road to recovery

Thank you Stafford !!

Vic

Well Vic, I always did say you can't blame a hospital for the mistakes of its staff, which is why threats to close it, to my mind, were the ramblings of imbeciles. Just find out what went wrong, genuinely, and fire the people responsible. But what do I know.. I'm just a Plebe. 8)

All my best wishes to you and your good lady, for her speedy recovery.

John :D

** Plus, today seeing the table above reminds me I have to start a desk. This plank across two drawer units is no use as a PC work station. :mrgreen:

Back