Long time lurker reporting in....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wills-mill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've been lurking for a while! In awe of the skills and dedication on the forum. I've never plucked up the courage to get posting, as I feel it's a bit rude coming on here in a (partially) commercial capacity.

I'm a mobile sawyer who has come into timber and woodworking from a tree surgery and woodland work background, so I lack some of the delicacy and patience of the true ninja craftsman. As with most people I like to think every day brings something new to learn and understand, and the wide range of woody folks that I work for brings this home to me.

Here are a couple of pics of the sorts of things I do:

IMGP2424Medium.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

IMG_5571.jpg

EDIT: sorry moderators.....

Welcome Will

Do you actually sell timber or just provide the saw mill services?

Some lovely pieces you have made, you'll fit in round here just fine ;)

Welcome to the forum William, I'm sure that there will be more than one forum member grateful for your expertise and input.

The 'report' stuff from the spam trap will go away after you have done a few posts.

Hi, wills-mill

Welcome mate.
Looks like a fun job I wouldn't mind a go at that, and some nice peices, like the pergola but then I have a facination with big bits of wood.

Pete

Wow :shock:

There are going to be lots of people here who will want to be your bestest friend :lol: :lol:

dickm":3bvb0jh3 said:
So could you just pop up to Aberdeen with your machinery?????? :?:

Yes :wink: probably need more than a morning's work to justify it :wink:

Thanks all.... I appreciate your welcome, there's a nice bunch of people on this site.
I do stock a certain amount of local timbers and the odd bit of reclaimed/ hoarded bits as well. I've not got a massive amount of Oak ready to go, but have got quite a bit of London Plane, Yew, Ash, Spalted Beech, Spalted Ash, Sycamore, Lebanon Cedar, Western Red Cedar, loads of giant Redwood/ Wellingtonia, and a few other bits of Hornbeam, Field Maple, Box and the like.
90% of what I mill is on site for clients projects, so most of what I stock has come in through word of mouth through tree surgery firms and on a barter basis, basically to save healthy usable timber from the firewood pile![/quote]

Hey Wills..

I am in East Sussex and work in on the border with West Sussex!. Baggsy to be your bestest friend???? I lurveeeee oak :lol:

Welcome.

Mark

lurker":ywm2hd2g said:
Wow :shock:

There are going to be lots of people here who will want to be your bestest friend :lol: :lol:

Hi Will, and welcome. As Lurker says, you will find yourself with lots of new friends, and not only because of your mobile mill. We really are quite a friendly bunch here.

Welcome to the forum! :D

The pictures look great! I hope you enjoy the forum and I think you'll get on fine here! :wink:

Back