Long shot I know - Vintage Singer Sewing Machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeety

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently picked up a vintage Singer Sewing machine that's been converted to electric from hand crank in roughly the 1930's from what I can tell.

Struggling to date the machine, the pedal is around 1935.

Do any of you happen to know about older Singer machines? Been looking around the web trying to date it and find an instruction manual and wiring diagrams. It needs rewiring which i'm more than capable of doing but would like to know more about it. It's obviously been rewired previously but there is currently no earth and there was an exposed conductor so the plug has been cut off to prevent it being powered up.

Cheers,

Jon.

Has the machine still got its serial number, from memory its on a brass looking plate on the right hand side (long time since I have seen one). If it has then take a look here http://goo.gl/8BkWVR this will give you the month and year of manufacture.

HTH

Matt

Yes I have 5 vintage sewing machines, mostly Singer. Do not worry about the earth, the machine should be double insulated, all mine are. If you can post some pictures I might be able to give more info.

Back