Lidl Scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claymore":c04rpyvd said:
would it be possible to fit th variable speed motor of these saws to and secondhand single speed Hegner? just wondered as the motors are pretty good and might be a cheaper way to get a variable speed Hegner (you can pick the Lidl/Aldi saws up secondhand for £30 on Ebay now and again so a cheap way of getting a good motor)

Brian, I took some measurements and worked out that it was possible to do the swap on a single speed 2S, with a bit of fiddling with spacers and adapters. I don't know about the smaller models, but I assume it would be a similar job. I was toying with the idea when a variable speed Hegner came up at the right price and selling my single speed covered the cost, so obviously I didn't bother. I still use the saw on full speed all the time, not that I have done much since getting variable speed.

Hi there, my first post in this corner of the forum.

I just picked up the Parkside/Scheppach scrollsaw from my local Lidl for £49.95. When I got it home it was broken (the table casting was broken where the bracket holds it).

Went back this morning, swapped it no problem and the replacement is spot on.

I'm new to scrolling but for what I think I need it for it should be fine. Less than half the advertised Screwfix price.

No doubt I will be back with questions and asking for tips. Some great artistry on show from you guys.

Cheers

Andrew

Back