Lidl Plunge Saw - Extra Track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today, ordered 4 days ago, total cost £8.86 (9.66 euro)

Also included the jointing bar

Well Happy

coR6j5V.jpg

Mine came as well, and with some 13x5mm steel filed down to 12 mm and drilled and taped I now have a 2.8 meter rail.

Pete

katellwood

OK, thanks, I will have to follow up on my order.

The 2nd quote I mentioned previously arrived eventually but by that time I had placed an order againgst the original quote.
Unfortunately I did not notice that the 2nd quote referrenced the same order number as the 1st - so I assume Kompernass have a quote and an order that don't match.

katellwood":qx5esn2z said:

Well Happy

Very glad to know it fits the Dewalt Saw.

Thanks a lot

Treeeeee":29i0niby said:
katellwood":29i0niby said:

Well Happy

coR6j5V.jpg

Very glad to know it fits the Dewalt Saw.

Thanks a lot

been caught by photobucket. now using ingur

Yes fits a dewalt saw, dewalt saws are slightly different from other tracksaws as both sides of the track can be used. the shortfall to this is that the back of a dewalt track cannot be backed up to dowels/pins as used on festool tables etc bought these tracks to now hopefully facilitate this

Which all goes to show how much some companies rip off the consumer. If they can ship these from Germany for this price, why are the ones from Festool, Makita and Dewalt etc, so damn expensive?

Do these work with my Makita track saw anybody know?

Lidl and their suppliers are not selling this stuff at a loss. It just goes to show the true cost and how some other suppliers are just trading on long established brand names that can still command a premium price for the same item.

I went straight to the Koppernass website. It doesn't show it there but shows all the Parkside tools and replacement parts and batteries.

I had some of the steel bar left over and some cheap F clams from Lidl/Aldi.
So I knocked the heads off the two small ones which was surprisingly easy to do, cut the end off as it had a hole, I guess for a non-existent pin!
Files about 3mm off each side of the clamp bar and made a rectangular hole in each piece of bar by drilling, chiselling and filing, I filed a taper to the outer side and riveted over the end of the clamp bar, not forgetting to put the clamp head back on!

Clamps by Racers, on Flickr

While I was riveting I noticed that the filings where being attracted to a magnetised 2mm drill bit.

The great attractor by Racers, on Flickr

Pete

powertools":30cmq7c1 said:
Lidl and their suppliers are not selling this stuff at a loss. It just goes to show the true cost and how some other suppliers are just trading on long established brand names that can still command a premium price for the same item.

Hmmm... I am not so sure. The delivery costs from Germany alone for this item must be fairly close to the total cost people are paying here...

It wouldn't surprise me that this is a special price given the Lidl deal and it is actually a loss maker (and the cost is purely a cover for the delivery) or some kind of error. When you compare the cost of say, aluminium extrusions from China, it says this just isn't a real price. Yes, Festool will be making a healthy profit on their tracks, but I don't believe there is main line manufacturer (Bosch, Dewalt etc.) that has a track over 1m that sells for less than £40 - which I think is telling...

Bodgers":3ofmvd25 said:
powertools":3ofmvd25 said:

Hmmm... I am not so sure. The delivery costs from Germany alone for this item must be fairly close to the total cost people are paying here...

It wouldn't surprise me that this is a special price given the Lidl deal and it is actually a loss maker (and the cost is purely a cover for the delivery) or some kind of error. When you compare the cost of say, aluminium extrusions from China, it says this just isn't a real price. Yes, Festool will be making a healthy profit on their tracks, but I don't believe there is main line manufacturer (Bosch, Dewalt etc.) that has a track over 1m that sells for less than £40 - which I think is telling...

I agree, postage cost for a large item is at least 50% of the cost there and you cannot tell me a company can make those tracks and a profit for 1-2 Euro?

Why would the factory sell guide rails direct at a loss? What are they loss leading?

Anyway, how are you guys getting on with joining the rail? I've had to file the ends of mine to get it square - it then goes together pretty much dead straight. I'm also using a door handle square bar which is a decent friction fit (I may drill and tap it later) as an additional joiner.
Are there any other tricks or tips?

I cut some off the bottom of a door for a someone yesterday and it worked a treat!
I connected al my lengths of track and they looked nice and straight.

Pete

jnw010":3vhf6q3l said:
Why would the factory sell guide rails direct at a loss? What are they loss leading?

Anyway, how are you guys getting on with joining the rail? I've had to file the ends of mine to get it square - it then goes together pretty much dead straight. I'm also using a door handle square bar which is a decent friction fit (I may drill and tap it later) as an additional joiner.
Are there any other tricks or tips?

Even the Festool rails are not guaranteed square at the ends, they recommend using a straight edge to line them up instead of butting the ends together.

Doug

Latest posts

Back