Lidded Bowl er ............. Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood spoiler

Established Member
Reaction score
As Gordon has taken up my cudgels and done the scolloping and texturing I thought I'd have a go at normal (ish) - wot no carving :shock:

I had a bit of oak lying around that I thought I ought to use so here is the result. I apologise for the piccies no flash just stunning finish from the Beal buffing system - well maybe just rushed before the camera battery signed off.

In a strange coincidence Nev showed a link to a marquetry company (competition discussion sthread) on the day I had a delivery from them. This is have a try at using them.

What do you think?

DSC01374-1.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

DSC01381-1.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the photos but it looks like it's sloping slightly? I think the banding accentuates the slope.
I think I prefer it without the lid. I'm no expert on turning but it looks nicely finished.
HTH.

Great to see the inclusion of the marquetry, something I want to explore when I get more time, something that seems to diminish every week that passes.

Hi Colin,

Veronica says it looks like a hobbit's house!! :lol: :lol:

I don't think she was watching very closely. There's no door.

She did like it 'cos it look warm and friendly!!!! Like a hobbit house?

Do you understand? :?:

gus3049":31qa3wks said:
Hi Colin,

Veronica says it looks like a hobbit's house!! :lol: :lol:

I don't think she was watching very closely. There's no door.

She did like it 'cos it look warm and friendly!!!! Like a hobbit house?

Do you understand? :?:

Yesssss my precioussssssss

Well no actually - I thought they lived in tellytubby hill lookalikey back in the shires

Back