leather tops and drawer knobs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steadphil

Reaction score
i have just laid a leather top onto a desk and have noticed dull patches where p.v.a. glue has accidently smeared onto the leather. can anyone suggest anything that will bring back the shine to the surface.

does anyone know where I can get some turned oak wooden drawer knobs as I am having a nightmare getting some.

Phil,

Is there a thin layer of pva dried on the leather? If there is I would try to remove it with a warm damp rag.

If the surface shine has missing then I would look for a leather feed, I have some that came form a saddle maker, his own secret recipe. 8) Just rub it in with your fingers and buff with a soft cloth after 10 minutes.

As for the knobs, I would post a request in the turning forum. I know that some other members have had knobs turned for projects by those who are into round spinny things. :D :roll:

DaveL":2awmqwid said:
If the surface shine has missing then I would look for a leather feed, I have some that came form a saddle maker, his own secret recipe. 8) Just rub it in with your fingers and buff with a soft cloth after 10 minutes.

Liberon make some, which I have used on my leather desk top and found to be good. If I remember correctly, they do it in red, green and clear :wink:

Paul

Back