leaking shed foof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to every one

With all this rain some of it is dripping into my shed/workshop, I was wondering if any one has used Thompsons Roof Seal or any other roof sealants. :(

Yes,I have :D

My shed is a typical ex-council house brick-built one with 6" thick concrete roof,that was covered in roofing felt.Started leaking during heavy rain,about 18 months ago;last summer,I took the old felt off completely,let the roof dry out,and covered it with the aforementioned Roof Seal (was about £30 a tin).
Still not a leak to be seen,even after the torrential rain we have had today.

Andrew

Thank You Andrew

Thats been a great help because to refelt the roof it would of meant removing the polystyrene insulation from the inside and unscrewing the slate battans which were stuck down with sealant, trying not to rip the felt.Once again thank you, using the Roofing Sealant is going to save a lot of work and money.

Carl

PowerTool":2mfcmns1 said:
Yes,I have :D

My shed is a typical ex-council house brick-built one with 6" thick concrete roof,
Andrew
Brings back memories - one of my houses had a garage like that. Didn't half make one h*** of a bang when I did a "Fred Dibnah" and dropped the whole slab in one! Ah, the follies we get up to when young :D

Andrew, I don't suppose you know if this Roof Seal stuff is suitable to be used on a corrugated asbestos pitched roof?

I'd love to take the whole thing down and start again, but time and money make that impractical right now.

According to the tin,yes - suitable for concrete,asphalt,roofing felt,asbestos,slate,tiles...
I got black,to match my existing roof;believe they also do it in grey,which might match the colour of yours better :-k

Andrew

Back