Le Matic Edge Bander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip shop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a load of fitted units to do and I'm kinda thinking of buying an edgebander, the one that seems obvious is the Axminster Co-Matic or Le-Matic as they like to call it. There's a few options, being the Festool system (properly expensive) or perhaps the Felder system (which (knowing Felder) is the same kit as Axminster stuff). My question is what gear do you use for mobile edgebanding.

Cheers,

Ed

I have the festool Conturo, but a fellow colleague of mine who produces top notch work uses a Wegoma.

I did consider the Le Matic from Axminster but the conturo was worth paying the extra for me because of the three year warranty and Festool brand. There was also another system sold by Axminster but not sure if it is stilla available called Adamik.

Ali":48eiep65 said:
I have the festool Conturo, but a fellow colleague of mine who produces top notch work uses a Wegoma.

I did consider the Le Matic from Axminster but the conturo was worth paying the extra for me because of the three year warranty and Festool brand. There was also another system sold by Axminster but not sure if it is stilla available called Adamik.

Thanks very much. I am starting to sway towards the Festool, but it is quite an extra chunk of cash.

I've had a play with the Axminster one two weeks ago
It worked as it should or at least it did when I got a feel for it.

I'm seriously looking at getting one for future projects especially at the price that you can get the whole kit for Just over £1100

How much does the Festool cost for all of the same equivalent kit ??
By my reckoning I could buy two of the Axminster ones and still have change from the cost of the Festool one

One thing I didn't look at was the running costs of the glue

Back