Latest thing you have printed / machined / cut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make leather journal covers now and again and turn the occasional fountain pen. I bind the journals too. I thought I would print a jig for piercing the A5 journals to stitch the A6 book. Not necessary but it makes the job slightly easier.
This is awesome, something I'd love to give leather craft a try some day.

Laser cut some clear acrylic trays for my recent coffee station, acrylic is not very forgiving, got the thickness slightly wrong and cracked/snapped a few bits trying to force them together ha, but they are holding with no glue so far. Did plan on using superglue but ran out.
160380-PXL-20240412-161142724.jpg
No matter where I place my bandsaw I always end up walking into the fence rail.
I had no tennis balls to stick on the end so printed one haha, sadly I had no TPU filament so it's still pretty hard, but it's at least rounded now.
PXL_20240414_130258867.jpg

A slap-it-off paddle for my ancient table saw. My Elektra Bekum table saw just has two 15mm buttons to turn it on or off. I want an off switch actuator that is more readily available, the sort where you don't have to find when something goes wrong or you can operate with your knee. Designed from scratch using Designspark Mechanical. Two parts: a black mounting plate screwed to the saw frame and the red paddle. Thinking about filling the STOP recessed into the front with a contrasting colour but I guess it'll be a round-twoit job.

20240506_172600.jpg

A slap-it-off paddle for my ancient table saw. My Elektra Bekum table saw just has two 15mm buttons to turn it on or off. I want an off switch actuator that is more readily available, the sort where you don't have to find when something goes wrong or you can operate with your knee. Designed from scratch using Designspark Mechanical. Two parts: a black mounting plate screwed to the saw frame and the red paddle. Thinking about filling the STOP recessed into the front with a contrasting colour but I guess it'll be a round-twoit job.

View attachment 180911
What a great idea!!

View attachment 180911
Something I've been thinking of doing for a while now.
You've given me the kick up the buttocks to get it done.

Nice one 😄

This might be the simplest thing I've cut on my laser cutter, but it was super handy.

Recently made a mini mortising jig however I was having trouble centering it on my work peice. So I made a cut out that was the exact size of the opening in the jig with a centre line scored.
PXL_20240510_171638606.MP.jpgPXL_20240510_171504384.MP.jpg

PXL_20240510_171448399.jpg

Back