Laser tool advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
Very shortly I'll be boarding the partition walls on our new build. I've done all the studs but I'm wondering if theres a low key laser tool I could use for highlighting the vertical lines for when it comes to screwing the boarding to the studs?

I've marked the centres of the studs on the floor which I would use for positioning the laser when the sheet material goes up against the studs. Such a tool would be great and, avoid guessing, and missing where the studs are or making vertical lines on the boards from the centre reference mark on the floor.

It's just to save time due to the amount I got to do and being single crewed.

Any recommendations?

A cross line laser is what you want, I much prefer the green colour ones as I find them much easier to see.
If you can, get one with a plumb laser dot as well which lines up a spot above and below the unit, its a surprisingly useful feature. I have a Bosch one which is working great for me.
Once you have one you will use it all the time.

Ollie

I recently bought a bosch cross line red laser kit, 50 metre range and includes the electronic detector for those long range / outdoor jobs. It was about £100. A lot of value in that package. Green is taking over and is easier to see in the daylight, but if you don't need to rely on it in those conditions, people have been managing with red for a long time and there may be bargains to be found.

Back