Kity saw plus Incra LS positioner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodmatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a fairly old Kity 619 table saw with sliding carriage.My problem is that the fence is pretty useless for accurate setting as most table saw fences are so have been wondering about fitting the Incra LS positioner for repeatable accutate cuts.I would be interested to hear members views on this and or any better suggestions for what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks

Matthew

I would be tempted to make a Biesemeyer type fence. It would be much cheaper. I do like the idea of the incra though.

I am in the process of replacing the fence on my TS 200 with the Axminster band saw fence upgrade.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... rod362802/

I have bolted on a length of angle iron which I will bolt the fence to.

Not a Beisemeyer but if you do not fancy making your own and you have somewhere to bolt a strip of metal or angle iron worth a thought.

Here is where I got the idea, which is a mod to a Kity 419 from Knappers:

latest-purchase-kity-419-ts-t44827-15.html

Thanks for everyones thoughts.
Tim thanks for your suggestion,I think that would be a great improvement.The problem with the one I already have and your suggestion is that it is not repeatable but thanks anyway. I know it is expensive but it seems the only way to move the fence in exact increments is to use the Incra.

I am now considering this option,any thoughts anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKIcdQT06L8

Matthew

Matthew

I have an Incra LS32 system, Positioner/Wonder Fence with both Imperial and metric lead screws that I will be
selling very shortly. I live in North Bristol, if you are interested please PM me and come and see it working and have a try.

Regards

Norman

Matthew

Sorry I am unable to send a PM as I am new to the site.

To answer your questions, I am selling the positioned to make room for other items, being in my mid 70's I now find it more difficult to remove the
fence and lead screw each time ,so am going back to a standard fence and hope that I will not miss the Incra accuracy too much.
There is a small mark on one rail where I touched it with sandpaper, apart from that its all up together.

Price I have not yet settled on but it will not be anything but reasonable.

Your timescale is not a problem.

Regards

Norman

Back