Kity Bestcombi 2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhenry

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

The thicknesses feeder roller on my Bestcombi 2000 has stopped turning. Looking at the mechanism inside the machine I can see that there is an adjustable lever with two notches in it for tensioning the feeder roller drive pulley belt. I’m assuming that one notch is used to set the drive pulley tight engaging it for motion, whilst the other is used for easing tension on the belt so that the rollers don’t turn whilst using the planer function. Does anyone know if my assumption is right?

If so, am I right in thinking that it should just be a case of moving the pivot bolt on the adjustment lever to adjust the tension so that the lever works in this way? Also, if anyone has any other tips on setting up the planer/thicknesser, or on the Bestcombi in general, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

David

Hi David

I have a Bestcombi 2000, to engage the feed rollers you push the lever in and down until it latches, that tightens the belt.
I haven't had any problems with my planer/thicknesser apart from the feed roller can get clogged with chips, you need to scrape then out with a bit of hardwood occasionally.

Pete

Thanks Pete. That helps me figure out how to adjust it.

I think my Bestcombi led quite a hard life before I bought it so it’s taken a little bit of fettling to get it running smoothly but it’s a great bit of kit and quite amazing what you can do with them. Today I was jointing 7ft long old pine joists which it coped with far better than I ever expected it to.

Dave

Back